OpenSource World 2009: open to contributions
OpenSource World, the biggest open source conference now in its 10th year, is fast approaching in August 2009. Previously LinuxWorld, the conference is expanding on open source software beyond desktop Linux, with two dedicated tracks on Mobile Open Source. I ‘m priviledged to be a member of the mobile programme committee alongside prominent open source figures Bill Weinberg and Rick Lehrbaum.
Organised by IDG World Expo, OpenSource World presents the latest open source ideas across desktop, mobile, cloud computing, application development, virtualization, security and legal & licensing issues. The conference is scheduled to take place August 10-13, 2009, at San Francisco’s Moscone Center.
Open to contributions
The Mobile Open Source programme of the conference is now open to speaking proposals; presentations are invited on (or around) the following themes:
Track 1. Mobile Platforms
– Android, LiMo, Maemo, Moblin, OpenMoko and other Linux-based open source mobile platforms
– Open SymbianOS
– Shared Source around Windows Mobile
– Browsers and Browser-based platforms – Mozilla/Gecko, Webkit, Pre, etc.
– Open Source Java platforms
– Application Frameworks: GTK, Enlightenment, Qt, etc.
– Emerging form factors – MIDs, voice-enabled nettops, etc.
– State of key platforms technologies – power management, multi-core support, virtualization, etc.
– Building and sustaining communities around mobile platforms
– Platform licensing choices and impact
Track 2. Mobile Applications
– Mobile application development tools and techniques
– Comparing application frameworks and paradigms
– End-to-end applications development and deployment
– Enterprise mobile application development, rollout and management
– State of OSS applications technologies – VoIP, multimedia, etc.
– Content and content management with open source software
– Mobile application delivery
– Working with operators, application stores and other channels
– Licensing of mobile applications and content
Please submit speaking proposals by February 20, using this online form. Please note: inspirational presentations are in, marketing pitches are out.