Back to blog
6 reasons to be part of the Future Developer Summit
We’re currently on countdown mode. The Future Developer Summit is coming on April 7-8 to help developer marketing and relations leaders engage open-source developers.
But to us and our participants, it’s more than that. We are not just creating an event unlike the rest. We are creating a community of handpicked professionals who work together to push the boundaries of developer programs. As we are designing all aspects of the event, from working with speakers about their presentations to the music that will play as directors and industry leaders go through their challenges with their industry peers, we try to have all our efforts answer the trickiest of questions:
- How will we deliver real, tangible value to our community members to empower them to shape the future of developer programs? and
- Why would someone want to come to our event?
Well, here’s the answer:
- It’s an exclusive, invite-only event. This means you have the chance to share best practices with other leaders in the developer marketing and relations world, as senior peer-to-senior peer.
- Experience the power of a community of director-level professionals who design developer strategies together. The Future Developer Summit is building a community for developer marketing and developer relations leaders, who acknowledge and embrace the value of collective effort and its impact on individual work. After the event, you will get back to work enriched with insights, new knowledge and ideas to maximize the impact of your developer program.
- It’s a full pack learning experience. And it’s definitely not an endless line of slide after slide. We have designed a variety of sessions so that you can make most of your time onsite. We have prepared for you 11 lightning talks, 4 keynotes, 3 fireside chats, 3 panels, and 2 interactive workshops where you will work in groups side by side with your industry peers. Plus: it is participatory. We want you to share your ideas or challenges. Polyphony is the only way forward for us and an integral part of our community.
- It’s aligned with the industry pulse. Each Summit covers a different aspect of the developer marketing and developer relations industry and aims to start a meaningful conversation for the community and its leaders. For April, the theme is focused on engaging open-source developers.
- It’s a platform for new ideas to grow. The interactive workshops combined with a diverse attendee roster help plant the seeds for innovative ideas to turn into strategies and push towards the future. From the 2017 Future Developer Summit, the “Developer Marketing and Relations: The Essential Guide” was born and is now, with its second edition, the most inclusive book and go-to guide for anyone who seeks to navigate and advance their career in the developer marketing and relations industry.
- It’s personal. A great opportunity to know the people behind the roles. People with whom you face the same challenges, in the same industry. People you can teach and learn from.
Plus: The speaker lineup is outstanding! All Future Developer Summit speakers are developer marketing and relations leaders in the world’s biggest organisations such as Microsoft, IBM, Facebook, GitHub and more.
We take pride in designing an immersive developer marketing learning and community partaking experience. Our latest Future Developer Summit earned an NPS score of 94 and put smiles on many faces, including ours. Why such a high score? We’ll let our attendees answer that for us:
“I met some awesome people, derived practical and useful knowledge, and felt a lot of love from folks who listened to my talk. You created a wonderful, safe environment that allowed for a real, candid conversation. I think the focus on D&I was a major factor in this.” – Tim Falls, Digital Ocean
“This was an awesome event because the attendees are all leaders in Developer Relations at their company. Great networking and data-sharing opportunity! Thanks /Data!” – Larry McDonough, VMware
“Future Developer Summit is an excellent resource for learning and networking with developer marketing leaders #HighQuality” – Jason Fournier, You.i TV
“My annual moment to reconnect with a community of like-minded practitioners in a meaningful, focused manner.” – Katie Miller, Google
“Great event – I have learned so much and met amazing people.” – Amanda Whaley, Cisco