This report provides data and insights in trends that allow you to estimate the addressable market for desktop technologies, in terms of the number of people using such technology. We measure the global population of active software developers, including serious hobbyists and students, who self-identify as being involved in desktop development.
The report discusses several aspects of the desktop developer population that may help you to fine-tune your addressable market size. We split developers by their professional involvement, target platforms, vertical markets, level of influence in purchasing decisions, geography, as well as their use of programming languages and specific desktop technologies.
- How many desktop developers are there?
- Which platforms for desktop applications are they targeting?
- Which vertical markets are desktop developers serving?
- How much influence do desktop developers have on tool purchase decision?
- Where are desktop developers located?
- How big is the addressable market for specific desktop technologies?
- Which programming languages should your SDK prioritise?
To get a full list of this report's contents and a sample graph, please download a brochure.
Developer Economics is a large-scale online developer survey designed, produced and carried out by SlashData twice per year. The 13th edition survey ran over a period of nine weeks between April and June 2017. It reached an impressive 21,200+ respondents from 157 countries. As such, the Developer Economics series continues to be the most global independent research on mobile, desktop, IoT, backend, web, game, AR/VR and machine learning developers and data scientists combined ever conducted.
For more information about our methodology, please visit https://www.slashdata.co/methodology.